- best i've ever seen...
The battery tester is the best I've ever seen. Excellent capabilities and quality, and you threw in a set of four alkaline "AA" batteries so it would work almost out of the box. I couldn't be happier with my dealings with Medic Batteries. I don't fidget thinking that Medic Batteries might be in business in three, five, or ten years. Great batteries, great products, great staff.
J. O'Leary (Published 12/8/11)
- Just what I needed
This alkaline battery tester was exactly what I was looking for. I am able to test a variety of my batteries conveniently.
Roberta (Published 2/12/11)
ZTS Multi-Battery Tester - High quality battery load test device (with 4 AA batteries)
Which to choose? Battery load tester vs. battery volt tester?
The ZTS Multi-Battery Tester (MBT-1) battery load tester used to easily test the state of charge or state of power on many popular batteries. The MBT-1 does not simply conduct a AA battery test or is only an alkaline battery tester, it tests more than 30 battery types:
- 3.6v Li-Ion rechargeable (RCR123A, 18500, 17650, 18650) (non-regulated type)
- 1.5v button cell (S76, A76, A625, A640, LR44, 357, 303)
- 1.2v NiMH/NiCd rechargeable (AA, AAA, C, D)
- 1.5v lithium (AA L91, AAA L92)
- 3v lithium coin (1616, 1620, 2016, 2025, 2032, 2320, 2430, 2450, 58L 1/3N)
- 6v ‘28’ series (28A, S28, 28L)
- 1.5v alkaline (AA, AAA, C, D)
- 3v photo lithium (CR123, CR2, CRV3)
- 12v alkaline (A23)
- 9v alkaline, carbon zinc
Using a patented, high accuracy pulse load test, the MBT-1 indicates the percentage of remaining battery capacity on the LED bar display.
Battery types are clearly labeled – 9V alkaline battery tester contact, AA battery test contact, etc. The negative test lead/probe stores in a seam at the side for easy storage. The ZTS MBT-1 is convenient, simple, and the battery load tester results are easy to understand.
MBT-1 Battery Load Tester Specs & Features:
- No need for a 9V alkaline battery tester, AA battery test device, or other individual battery testers - computes the State of Charge (SOC) for more than 30 battery types
- Determines battery capacity under load – not just voltage – giving an accurate reading of the remaining battery capacity
- Saves money – know which batteries are still useable and the remaining capacity
- Made in the U.S.A. Patents 6,823,274 and D569285
|Package Weight (lbs)||1.16|
|Manufacturer Product Number||MBT-1|
|Power (Internal)||4 AA batteries (included)|
|Display||6 LEDs (green, yellow, red)|
|Test Duration||2-3 seconds depending on battery type|
|Test Lead||Flexible, high strand-count 18AWG plastic coated, kinkless lead wire|
|Contact Terminals||Nickel-plated brass for high conductivity and durability|
|Dimensions||8"(H) x 4.5"(W) x 1.25"(D)|
|Pulse Load||Magnitude varies according to battery type|