Alkaline vs. Lithium Batteries
Compare Alkaline Batteries with Lithium Batteries
- POWER: A major advantage of lithium batteries vs. alkaline batteries is that lithium batteries last much longer.
- PRICE: Alkaline batteries compared to lithium batteries – alkaline cost substantially less than lithium batteries.
- VOLTAGE: If you decide to replace alkaline with lithium, its important to check the replacement has both the appropriate voltage and type/size. Energizer e2 lithium AA batteries produce 1.5 volts, so they can be used to replace any regular alkaline AA units in most cases.
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE: Lithium batteries perform even in the most extreme temperatures, making lithium batteries perfect for outdoor devices. Lithium batteries operate in extremely cold climates or extremely hot climates where alkaline batteries cease to function.
- WEIGHT: Lithium batteries are much lighter than alkaline batteries. This is a great convenience for portable devices.